The NYSPHSAA Boys’ Soccer Hall of Fame’s first-ever inductee back in 1994 was former Chazy coach George Brendler.
Since then, no other Section VII boys’ soccer coach — or official — has joined Brendler in this prestigious honor.
That, however, changed this past November when former Northern Adirondack coach Don Moulton was inducted into the Hall of Fame on final four weekend.
“It’s quite an honor,” Moulton said. “The room was full of men who are pretty accomplished at what they did. When I got word that I was being nominated, I didn’t expect to get in. READ MORE...
- Wolf, McGinn lead NBL Div. III girls' basketball all-stars
- Whalen, Slattery pace NBL Div. II girls' basketball all-stars
- Jaquish, Cross headline Div. II boys' basketball all-stars
- Garrett Frady, Shane Douglas share NBL Div. I boys' MVP award
- Ryan, Barnhart pace Div. I girls' basketball all-stars
- NBL season closes with boys' senior games
- NBL seniors take court for last time
- NBL to hold boys' senior games tonight
- AuSable Valley hosts NBL senior games tonight
- Results: State basketball tournaments
PHS suffers loss at Mingo Bay Classic
The Hornets fell behind quickly as Spring Mills scored seven runs in the first two innings at the Mingo Bay Baseball Classic; Ticonderoga rained out, will play two today.
Wolf, McGinn lead NBL Div. III girls' basketball all-stars
Crown Point's Amanda Wolf selected as Most Valuable Player, while Minerva/Newcomb's Bruce McGinn was Coach of the Year.
Ti starts Mingo Bay Classic with victory
The Sentinels pick up a win at the Mingo Bay Baseball Classic on the opening day, while Beekmantown and Plattsburgh each suffer losses.
Chiefs begin softball season with two tourney losses
Saranac played in the Mudville Tournament last weekend.
Whalen, Slattery pace NBL Div. II girls' basketball all-stars
Elizabethtown-Lewis' Lily Whalen was named Most Valuable Player, while Moriah's Erica Slattery was Coach of the Year.
Ti softball gets offensive in season open
Haleigh Wright belts out five hits, including a home run, to lead the Sentinels over North Warren in a nonleague softball contest.
Eagles' Foster, Bombers' Clark lead CVAC hockey all-stars
Beekmantown's Nate Foster was named Most Valuable Player, while Lake Placid's Keith Clark took home Coach of the Year.
NAC coach Moulton joins Soccer Hall of Fame
Former Northern Adirondack coach Don Moulton becomes the second Section VII boy's soccer coach inducted into the NYSPHSAA Boys' Soccer Hall of Fame.
Jaquish, Cross headline Div. II boys' basketball all-stars
Moriah's Adam Jaquish honored as Most Valuable Player, while his coach Brian Cross took home Coach of the Year.
Garrett Frady, Shane Douglas share NBL Div. I boys' MVP award
AuSable Valley coach Jamie Douglass was named the Division I boys' basketball Coach of the Year.
Local athletes make All-State teams for fall season
Thirty Section VII athletes were selected in four different sports.
Winter John J. Herbert All-Academic team
The Champlain Valley Athletic Conference has announced its John J. Herbert All-Academic Team for the winter 2013-14 sports season.
- Eagles' Foster, Bombers' Clark lead CVAC hockey all-stars
- Eagles wings clipped in final
- Beekmantown rallies past Auburn, lands in state title game
- Beekmantown gets second chance in final four
- B'town skaters advance to state semifinals
- Beekmantown meets No. 1 Pelham in state hockey quarterfinals