Moriah has 21 wins this season.
Saturday’s was the hardest to get.
The Vikings got into foul trouble and couldn’t shake Madrid-Waddington until the final minutes, eventually pulling out a 51-41 victory in an NYSPHSAA Class D boys’ basketball regional final at SUNY Canton.
“We’ve won a lot of games, but we haven’t had to work that hard to win a lot of those games,” Moriah coach Brian Cross said. “And we certainly had to work (Saturday).”
Moriah (21-2) advanced to the state final four for the first time since 2003. The Vikings will play New York Mills in Friday’s semifinal at the Glens Falls Civic Center. READ MORE...
- Erickson leads Tamarac past Saranac in Class B quarters
- Moriah downs 'Jackets for final four trip
- LaRose hits 1,000; OFA bests short-handed PHS
- Third quarter spells doom for Seton Catholic in C quarters
- Historic season comes to end for Northern Adirondack
- Short-handed Hornets take on No. 2 Blue Devils
- Saranac girls back in Class B state playoffs
- Bobcats meet Hoosic Valley in Class C quarterfinals
- Peru girls bow out of Class A playoffs
- Moriah gets rematch with Madrid-Waddington in quarters
Moriah downs 'Jackets for final four trip
Vikings knock off Madrid-Waddington, which ended Moriah's season a year ago, in the NYSPHSAA Class D quarterfinals for a trip to the final four.
Beekmantown rallies past Auburn, lands in state title game
The Eagles scored two goals in the third period to rally past the Maroons in the NYSPHSAA Division II state semifinals. Beekmantown will meet Webster Schroeder today in the championship game.
LaRose hits 1,000; OFA bests short-handed PHS
The Hornets, playing with just six players, hung with the Blue Devils through one quarter before OFA pulled away for the victory in the NYSPHSAA Class B quarterfinals.
Third quarter spells doom for Seton Catholic in C quarters
Hoosic Valley outscored the Knights 25-13 in the third quarter to pull away for the victory in the NYSPHSAA Class C quarterfinals.
Erickson leads Tamarac past Saranac in Class B quarters
Bengals guard Jenna Erickson took the game over after the Chiefs led after the first quarter to lead Tamarac into the NYSPHSAA Class B semifinals.
Historic season comes to end for Northern Adirondack
The Bobcats, after capturing their first Section VII title and state-playoff victory, fell to Hoosic Valley in the NYSPHSAA Class C quarterfinals in girls' basketball.
Beekmantown gets second chance in final four
Eagles, after losing in heartbreaking fashion in the semifinals a year ago, are back in the boys' hockey final four today and take on Section III's Auburn.
Short-handed Hornets take on No. 2 Blue Devils
Plattsburgh, down to just six eligible players, meet Section X's Ogdensburg Free Academy in today's NYSPHSAA Class B quarterfinals.
Saranac girls back in Class B state playoffs
The Chiefs, who went to the Class B final four two seasons ago, return to the state tournament and take on Section II's Tamarac in the NYSPHSAA quarterfinals today.
Peru girls bow out of Class A playoffs
The Indians get doubled-up by Section II's Averill Park in the NYSPHSAA Class A regional semifinals.
Bobcats meet Hoosic Valley in Class C quarterfinals
Northern Adirondack looks to keep historic season going when it takes on the Indians in the NYSPHSAA Class C quarterfinals today.
Moriah gets rematch with Madrid-Waddington in quarters
The Yellowjackets knocked the Vikings out of the state playoffs a season ago by a three-point margin; tonight Moriah gets another crack at Madrid-Waddington in the NYSPHSAA Class D quarterfinals.
- Beekmantown rallies past Auburn, lands in state title game
- Beekmantown gets second chance in final four
- B'town skaters advance to state semifinals
- Beekmantown meets No. 1 Pelham in state hockey quarterfinals
- Beekmantown rallies for Section VII title
- Blue Bombers, Eagles square off for Section VII title