CICERO — Jay Hebert added two to his list of state championships Saturday.
He said all of them are meaningful, but the boys’ 110-meter hurdles Federation title was particularly satisfying. After coming up just short in the Federation race in 2013, the Ticonderoga standout reclaimed the crown at the New York State Track and Field Championships.
Hebert crossed the finish line in 14.10 seconds, beating out Sheepshead Bay’s Powel Deslandes’ time of 14.21 and grabbing his second Federation crown in three years. READ MORE...
- Ticonderoga's Trudeau, Dorsett lead CVAC baseball all-stars
- Wells' Weaver leads way for MVAC baseball all-stars
- Tough finish for Lake Placid in loss to Heuvelton
- Peru falls to Massena in extra innings
- Hoosic Valley's Rooney quiets Ti's offensive attack
- Saranac's magical run ends against Ogdensburg
- Section VII baseball set for state playoffs
- Lake Placid weathers rough 3rd inning, defend Class D title
- NCCS boys, Peru girls lead way for CVAC tennis all-stars
- Cougars make plenty of noise in tennis
- Higher seeds hold true in Section VII tennis tournament
- Tennis sectionals open today at 5 venues
- Seton Catholic, Lake Placid split in CVAC tennis
- Peru takes two from Plattsburgh in CVAC tennis
- NCCS girls' tennis bests Beekmantown
Bombers, Storm lead way for CVAC golf all-stars
Lake Placid and Saranac Lake land seven on the CVAC golf all-star squad.
Spring John J. Herbert All-Academic team
The Champlain Valley Athletic Conference announced its John J. Herbert All-Academic Team for the spring 2014 sports season.
Heads up Football hits Plattsburgh
Local youth football coaches and coordinators attended a safety clinic put on by USA Football. INCLUDES VIDEO
EKMW's Snyder to continue track career at Albany
Halie Snyder will attend the University at Albany on an athletics scholarship.
Fletcher, Trim receive CVAC softball individual awards
The 2014 CVAC Softball All-Stars and individual awards are announced.
Saranac leads boys' track and field all-stars
The Chiefs had six individual athletes, three relays and one coach honored.
Ticonderoga's Trudeau, Dorsett lead CVAC baseball all-stars
The Sentinels, who went undefeated during the CVAC season, while capturing the Div. II championship and a Section VII Class C crown, are well represented on the CVAC coaches' 2014 All-Stars.
Peru wrestlers going Division I
Troy Seymour and Jay Oakes make the move from the Champlain Valley Athletic Conference wrestling mats, to those at Division I North Carolina State and Sacred Heart.
NCCS boys, Peru girls lead way for CVAC tennis all-stars
Northeastern Clinton and Peru accounted for 20 of this season's 28 CVAC all-stars in tennis.
Twelve locals receive All-State recognition for winter season
Athletes and coaches from eight area schools were honored in girls' basketball, boys' basketball and boys' hockey.
Hebert reclaims 110 hurdles Federation title
Ticonderoga senior Jay Hebert, who captured the 110-meter hurdles Federation championship as a sophomore but finished second as a junior, reclaimed his title Saturday at the New York State Track and Field Championships.
Tough finish for Lake Placid in loss to Heuvelton
The Blue Bombers drop the NYSPHSAA Class D baseball regional final to the Bulldogs on a strange double play to end the game.
EKMW's Snyder claims Div. II title in 400
Saranac's Ayub lands two trips to the podium
Saranac's Sobaan Ayub was the lone double-medalist Friday, capturing fifth in the 400 hurdles and helping the team of Dustin Durgan, Lance Hackett and Justin Liechty take second in the 1,600 relay.
Peru falls to Massena in extra innings
The Red Raiders came from behind to defeat the Indians in Friday's NYSPHSAA Class A regional semifinal.
- Fletcher, Trim receive CVAC softball individual awards
- Fort Ann pounces on Crown Point in Class D playoffs
- Peru battles, falls to No. 2 Troy
- Third inning bites Saranac in loss to Mechanicville
- St. Lawrence shuts out Ticonderoga in Class C playoffs
- Local teams start state softball playoffs today
- Crown Point still on top in softball
- Trim tosses 2-hitter as Saranac grabs Class B title
- EKMW's Snyder to continue track career at Albany
- Saranac leads boys' track and field all-stars
- Hebert reclaims 110 hurdles Federation title
- EKMW's Snyder claims Div. II title in 400
- Saranac's Ayub lands two trips to the podium
- Saranac boys lead way at state qualifiers
- Snyder, Champagne girls' three-time winners
- Saranac captures sixth straight sectional title